Kodi is the very popular open source media player software, is very user-friendly. Kodi can be installed on Apple TV, Roku TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Let’s start with the installation process of Kodi on each of these.
INSTALL KODI ON APPLE TV
Before beginning with the installation of Kodi in the 4th gen Apple TV, we would require Xcode 7.2, a Mac, the latest Kodi.dev file for Apple TVs, an iOS App Singer utility, a USB-C to USB-A cable and a functioning account of an Apple Developer. Now the steps;
- The Apple TV has first to be plugged into the USB-C to USB-A cable. The Xcode 7.2 should then be launched so that it would create a project. Then select the app under TVOS, then the Single View App.
- Now give a name to the project created. There should be an organization name and also a bundle identifier. When you try to save the name of the project, you will notice an error popping up. Click on Fix Issue.
- Once you sign in with your active Apple Developer Account, Xcode will create a profile and resolve the problem.
- A drop-down box will pop up, choose Apple TV there. Now launch the iOS Application Singer. Select the Signing Certificate. Then select the provisioning profile as the project created.
- Now the Input File will refer to the Kodi.dev file. The display name will be the same as what will be on the TV. Once you have filled all the fields click on, ‘start,’ this makes the iOS App Singer create an IPA which will be ready to be installed on the TV.
- Now in Xcode, under Window select the ‘Devices’ option. Select the Apple TV that is connected and add the IPA file to the list of Installed Apps. Now you can download and install Kodi on your Apple TV.
Read more: Top sites like Rainierland
INSTALL KODI ON ROKU TV
Installing Kodi on Roku TV is the most complicated of all. Miracast is the best way for a successful installation. Miracast is a screen mirroring protocol which would not install Kodi but would help with faster and easier installation and help Kodi run on the Roku TV. It will work as a mirror of the screens of Windows and Android devices.
INSTALL KODI ON AMAZON FIRE TV STICK
The first step here is to install ES File Explorer. Once you have the Fire TV app and have downloaded the ES File Explorer. Use this link https://kodi.tv/download
- Under ‘Settings’ enter the ‘Developer Options’ menu. Turn on the app from unknown sources option.
- Select the ARM version of the Kodi Android Apps. Now at the bottom right, you will see three small dots, you will see the option that would say ‘Open in New Browser.’ Click that.
- The Amazon Fire TV Stick will start downloading the most recent version of Kodi. Once the download is done, click on, ‘Open File’ and then, install it.
- In case this method doesn’t work for you, you could download and use Apps2Fire to transfer packages from Android phones to the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The Android phone had to have Kodi installed.
- Turn the ADS Debugging option on in the Developer Options menu.
- Go to Settings, then system options than under the About menu click on Network option and note down the IP Address of the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Launch the app, enter the IP address in the set-up.
- Open the menu, select Upload apps, and Kodi. Install and use.