Now a day Mostly PC users using Windows 8 / Windows 10 updated version. Many Times you see your windows pc is lagging and hanging because of one thing Windows Modules Installer Worker, this system process is using a massive load of CPU usage. You are facing the same situation and finding a solution to this? Then you are in the right place.
I added an image below.it is looked familiar? Then many peoples facing this situation. I write the best guide to solve this problem, and please follow all the steps accurately.
Table of Contents
What is Windows Modules Installer Worker
Tiworker.exe file is also known as windows modules installer worker.this is an automatic windows update service. This service always finds new updates for your personal computer. Windows Modules Installer Worker is a default system process that enables automatic processes like installation, removal, file modifications and optional components. That’s why you pc going down because WMIW using all resources and after completion, it will release all the resources. You find this process on task manager, in the processes tab on the task manager you see the same name, but when you go to details tab you see WMIW as a TiWorker.exe
Why Is WMIW Using So Much CPU?
There is some process in windows which runs in the background.TiWorker.exe(Windows Modules Installer worker) is also working on the background. This process is automatically installing and updating windows in the background. That’s why it might utilise high CPU usage, and your Windows system might freeze between any process. Many Users want to solve this problem with rebooting PC, but there are many steps to follow for fixing this problem.
Some Windows Pc users thinking Windows Modules Installer Worker is a virus or not? I research about it, and I read on Windows Offical Forum also.WMIW is a part of Windows OS. So don’t worry about it.
Can We Disable This Automatic Updation on Windows PC?
YES, We can do it. We easily Disable Auto Update service ( Windows Modules Installer Worker ).After Disabling you see your CPU usage is Low. This TiWorker.exe is stopped after disabling this service.
Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage – [Fix] 2019
I see many Possible Solutions on Microsoft Community Forum, but that solution does not work correctly. That’s why I tried manually, and I solve the problem. So don’t worry 😉 we always here to helps you.
Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshoot
Are you facing High CPU Usage problem after changed your windows automatic update to manual? Then you solve this problem by following below steps.
1. You are using Windows 10 on your PC then Press Windows Key + I to open Windows Settings then click on Update & Security icon.
2. After clicking on Update & Security icon, you see Troubleshoot menu on left-hand then click on Windows Update.
3. After clicking on Windows update, you see the option “Run the troubleshooter” click on it and troubleshoot the problem is running.
4. troubleshooter will automatically fix any windows issues found with Windows Update.
5. After Complete this troubleshoot process restart your PC and it’s done 😀
Read More:- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Odin
Method 2: Clean Reboot your Windows PC
Using this method your all windows os system files has been restarted.this process remove all the junk files and Cookies from your Personal Computer. You can Solve the Windows Modules problem by following below steps:
- Press the Windows Key +R on the Keyboard.
- Type msconfig.exe in the Run box. Now, Click on, Ok.
- After Opening msconfig.exe Interface You see Normal Startup button and Click ok.
- After doing the above process, restart your windows pc.
These are the Best Methods to fix the Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU usage error. Hope you understand this solution and fix your WMIW problem.