In this incredible guide, you will be able to download Odin flash tool for your windows pc.we have shared the method to use Samsung Odin flash tool.
You can use Odin tool to flash Custom ROM, Twrp recovery installation, Root
Table of Contents
What is Samsung Odin?
Samsung Odin was software that was first leaked back a couple of years ago from Samsung. Samsung used it to Flash/Install firmware/os/kernels into the phones. Samsung uses it for updating Samsung devices and unbrick.
Odin Samsung is a Windows-based ROM flashing tool for Samsung Smartphone and Tablets. It can be used to flashing, root, partition, and update new OS for Samsung Android smartphone and tablets. Including Samsung latest phone and tablets (Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung S9 plus, etc.). Odin is Windows-only software, providing no support for other operating systems, though it is possible to use Wineskin on the Odin executable, allowing it to run on OS X. Now you can be downloading the Latest Odin flash tool from our Odin Download page.
Latest Update of Odin download v3.13.1
Samsung Odin3 v3.13.1 is the newest version has been released for Samsung Galaxy devices recently. The latest version of Odin is available for Windows with the Win OS Library as well as the Mac OS with the MAC OS Bundle. If you want to use it on Mac OS, all you need to do is extract the S1Plugin bundle and use it.
Odin3 v3.13.1 comes up with some critical bug fixes and improvements, and it supports the new compression method complete by Samsung on its firmware Stock files. It comes in support for flashing the latest Android 8.0 Oreo-based Samsung Experience 9.0 firmware ROMs. Odin enables you to upgrade your phone’s software or the firmware build number, flash the full stock firmware update, and restore Samsung devices to complete stock. Odin3 v3 .13.1 supports all latest phones like the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, and all the previous handsets as well.
System Requirements for Download Samsung Odin
- Windows Computer
- A USB cable to connect PC and the Device
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers
- PIT and TAR (Samsung Android ROM files)
- The download supported Odin Version for your device
Steps Guide to Odin Download
- Find Odin Firmware Files
- Extract the Firmware Files
- Install the Right Drivers
- Install Odin on Your PC
- Put Your Samsung device in Download Mode and Connect to PC
- Flash the Firmware Files
Samsung Odin flashing process will begin and should take about 5/6 minutes but don’t be alarmed. When your device finally boots up, you should now be running your desired firmware. If you want to check that the correct firmware was installed, you can follow the below route on your Android Smartphone, tablet, or any other Android device.
Settings –> About Device –> Software Information
Firmware number located under “Baseband version” on your device.
Exceptional Highlight Points to Remember:
- The Samsung company officially provides Odin Tool. So, if you Find any issues while using this Odin Flash tool, contact Samsung support team.
- Using Odin for flashing custom ROM, stock ROM, CWM or TWRP recovery, etc., is very easy. Just connect your Samsung device to the computer in Download mode, load the .tar.md5 file in Odin, and flash the file in your device.
- If you use Odin to root your Samsung Smartphone or Tablet, you will lose your device’s warranty. Also, it is vital to take a complete backup of personal data in your Samsung Android device before using the Odin tool.
Features of Odin Flash
- Stock ROM flash with Odin download
- Root Package
- Custom kernel
- Flash Custom Firmware (Flashing Custom ROM)
- Flash Recovery File (TWRP)
- Flash Kernels ( .tar/.zip/.img)
- Flash Root Package (MD5 and .tar files)
Odin Flash Tool gets updated with time changes, as of this writing Odin 3.13.1 is the latest. Note: We always recommend you to use the latest version as it will be a more stable and improved interface.
Samsung phone Flashing with Odin Download Tutorial
Odin software is a firmware flashing tool for all Samsung phone and tablets including Galaxy S9 Plus, S8, S7, S6, S5, S4, Note 5, Note 4, Note 3 and tab S series, etc. Samsung releases the official update. Then you can download that file and install using Odin download software. You can follow the step by step below
Before you start to get ready followings
- Make sure You take all Backup of important data like the contact list, Media files, etc.
- Windows Computer
- Install latest Samsung USB drivers (You can download “here”)
- Enable your device download mood(you can see “here” how to get your device download mood)
- A USB cable to connect to the PC and the Android device.
Steps to install firmware with Odin Download
- Step 1: Download & Install Latest Version of Samsung USB Driver on your Computer.
- Step 2: Download the Stock Firmware ROM or Custom Firmware and Extract it.
- Step 3: Download Odin 3.13.1 & Extract the latest version of Odin on your Computer.
- Step 4: Right-click on the Odin setup and click ‘Open as Administrator.’
- Step 5: Boot Samsung phone into ‘Download mode’ and connect to the USB cable
- Power off your phone.
- Press and Hold Volume Down+ Home + Power Button.Until Your Phone boot into Download mode.
- When your device vibrates, leave only Power Button.
- To enter download mode, click Volume up Button.
- Step 6: Connect the Samsung device and computer through the USB cable.
- Step 7: Click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP Button to Load the Stock Firmware or Custom Firmware that you want to Flash.
- Step 8: Click on Start Button to begin the Flashing Process.
- Step 9: Click on Start Button to begin the Flashing Process.
- Step 10: Reboot your Device, and you can unplug your device safely.
Congratulations! You have successfully download and installed Samsung Odin Flash Tool on your Windows PC